Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is a booming business in India that provides a variety of work possibilities for persons with various skill sets. Outsourcing corporate procedures such as customer care, technical support, and back-office operations to companies in India is what BPO jobs entail. This industry has seen tremendous expansion in India, offering countless career possibilities.
Types of BPO Jobs
BPO, or Business Process Outsourcing, is a big business in India that offers a variety of work categories. Some of the most prevalent types of BPO jobs in India are as follows:
Voice-based BPO jobs
These positions entail talking on the phone with consumers, answering questions, and addressing problems. Inbound and outbound processes are separated into voice-based BPO jobs. Customer service executives receive customer calls requesting assistance or information in inbound procedures—executives phone customers for sales, surveys, or collections in outbound activities.
Non-voice BPO jobs
These positions entail dealing with client inquiries and resolving issues via non-voice methods such as email, chat, or social media. Non-voice BPO positions necessitate solid textual communication skills and the ability to multitask.
Back-office BPO jobs
Administrative and support services such as data entry, record-keeping, and documentation are handled in these jobs. Back-office BPO positions necessitate a fast typing speed, attention to detail, and familiarity with computer tools such as Microsoft Office.
Technical support BPO jobs
These positions entail providing technical support to consumers for products or services such as software, hardware, or electronic devices. BPO employment in technical support necessitates an understanding of computer hardware and software, troubleshooting abilities, and the ability to transmit technical information to non-technical consumers.
Qualifications and Skills Required for BPO Jobs
- Language proficiency: For voice-based BPO jobs, candidates must be fluent in English and have good communication skills. For non-voice BPO jobs, candidates must have excellent written communication skills in English.
- Computer literacy: BPO jobs require computers and various software applications. Candidates must have basic computer literacy, including knowledge of MS Office, email, and internet browsing.
- Customer service skills: BPO jobs involve interacting with customers, handling queries, and resolving complaints. Candidates must have good customer services skills such as active listening, empathy, and problem-solving.
- Multitasking abilities: BPO jobs involve handling multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking to customers while entering data. Candidates must have good multitasking abilities and be able to work under pressure.
- Teamwork and collaboration: BPO jobs involve working as part of a team to achieve common goals. Candidates must have good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Educational qualifications: BPO jobs require a minimum educational qualification of 10+2 or graduation, depending on the job role and company.
Top BPO Companies
Various organizations are engaged in India’s burgeoning BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry. Here are some of India’s top BPO firms:
- TCS is one of India’s primary IT services and consulting firms. The organization has a strong position in the BPO industry, providing customer service, finance, accounting, and human resource outsourcing services.
- Infosys BPM is the business process management division of Infosys, a renowned Indian IT services company. Finance, accounting, customer support, and supply chain management are among the services offered by the organization.
- Wipro BPO is the business process outsourcing section of Wipro Limited, an Indian multinational organization that provides information technology and consulting services. The company offers customer support, finance, accounting, and human resource outsourcing services.
- Genpact is a multinational professional services organization that offers finance, accounting, procurement, customer service, and information technology support services. With delivery centers in numerous locations, the organization has an influential position in the Indian BPO industry.
- HCL Technologies is a multinational IT services company that offers services such as application development, infrastructure management, and business process outsourcing (BPO). The organization has a strong position in the Indian BPO industry, providing customer care, finance, and accounting services.
BPO Jobs Salary
BPO salaries in India vary depending on the job role, organization, and location. Entry-level positions, such as customer service executives, may make Rs. 2-3 lakhs per year on average, while experienced professionals in managerial roles may earn Rs. 10-15 lakhs per year or more. Companies may also provide additional benefits such as performance bonuses, health insurance, and transportation. Overall, BPO jobs in India provide a good income package and prospects for professional advancement and development.
Career Growth in BPO Industry
The BPO business in India offers several prospects for professional development and success. Employees can advance from entry-level positions to team leader, assistant manager, manager, and senior management positions. Companies offer training programs, skill development workshops, and performance-based incentives to help employees improve their abilities and advance in their careers. Employees can also opt to specialize in finance, human resources, or information technology and become subject matter experts. The Indian BPO industry provides a vibrant and competitive work environment with several professional advancement and development prospects.
Future of BPO Jobs
The future of BPO jobs in India appears bright, with the industry set to develop steadily. New technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) & automation are revolutionizing the BPO business, opening up new opportunities and job roles. The industry’s focus will most certainly shift to higher-value services such as data analytics, research, and consultancy. Companies are also working on upskilling and reskilling their staff to match the changing industry expectations. Ultimately, the Indian BPO business will evolve and generate new possibilities for competent workers.
How to Find BPO Jobs Using GIGIN
Follow these methods for seeking BPO jobs in India using GIGIN:
- Create an account on the GIGIN website.
- Enter “BPO jobs” in the search bar and choose your preferred area.
- Examine the job postings and apply for those that fit your abilities and expertise.
- You may also set up job alerts to get notified when new BPO job openings are posted.
- To maximize your chances of getting recruited, fill out your profile and upload your resume.
“Get instant access to the latest job listings in India with the GIGIN app. Download it today and take the first step towards your dream career!”